Capturing waste heat for processing food
Working to design, supply and install heat exchangers and associated equipment to capture waste heat.
Scope of works:
Bakkavor Foods is the UK’s leading manufacturer of pre-prepared food and has multiple processing sites across the country.
- Working with strict hygiene and operating conditions.
- Supporting the facility’s move to reduce energy consumption.
- Managing resources and expectations whilst operating in a live factory environment.
- Ensuring minimal downtime as the compressors are needed constantly across the production process.
- Arcade engineers designed an intelligent system to capture waste heat from air processors used throughout the production process.
- The captured heat is used to pre-heat water used for steam processors and wash down operations at the end of each shift.
- Hot wells were installed to prevent boiler shock.
Products and Services Supplied: Stainless steel pipework, heat exchanger, pumps, heat metres, controls
Sector: Heat Recovery & Decarbonisation
Client: Bakkavor Foods