Efficiently capturing and recycling waste heat
Replacing inefficient air compressors with a new circular system to capture and recycle waste heat.
Walsted prints business and consumer magazines and catalogues. The printing process generates a lot of wasted heat whilst the office areas of the building are heated by traditional gas-fired boilers.
- Reduce energy consumption and support the facility’s move to become environmentally friendly
- Manage resources and expectations whilst operating in a live factory environment.
- Used specialist knowledge to design a control system that allows the efficient harvesting of ~90% of the waste energy
- Installed a system that reuses the recycled energy to heat offices and workshops
- Plan for the ultimate removal of the gas fired boilers in the future to drastically reduce costs and the carbon footprint.
Products and Services Supplied:
Atlas Copco heat recovery system, pipework controls and heat exchangers
Client: Walsted Peterborough Limited